About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 8 April 2016

We Apologise For Any Disruption

If you're thinking "She's gone quiet again....what's she up to this time?", well, you're wrong. It's simply that I've got some building work going on in my flat (you remember my ceiling collapse last year? Yep, it's fixing that plus some other works that need doing). Anyway, on Wednesday they took down the old ceiling, along with all the fine, black attic dust that had built up over the years. That evening when I got home, my phone line (and internet) were dead. It just so happens that my phone line outlet is in that room - I suspect that the fine dust has got into the contacts and stuffed it up. Naturally, I can't book a phone engineer to come in until all the replastering is done.

Of course this means that blogging over the weekend will be out of the question, so the final summary post and my 500k hits giveaway will have to wait until next week.

Anyway folks, see you soon!


Edit - I'm back online at home! I got a call an hour or so after posting this from the BT engineer to say he was investigating the fault and asking if I was at home to let him in. Luckily the builders were there and able to let him in. I then heard nothing, so expected the worst (or for the engineer to still be here) when I got home, but it's all fixed!

Me is happy! :D

13 comments:

  1. Hi Tamsin,
    All of your friends out here in the blog-o-sphere wish you a quick remedy for these construction ills. You might want to invest in a portable air filter to use for a while once all of this work gets done. There will be lingering particulates in the air and they cannot be of any good to your health.
    All the very best,'
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your troubles, Tamsin. But if it is any consolation, I now have "telephone man" stuck in my head. I don't recommend looking it up as I need to find some mind bleach to purge it...or a good blast of Ramones! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Builders! One word and all manner of things are instantly explained!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still think of how lovely it will all look when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can nothing stop you!? It sounds like your flat is full of banging and sawing and fine white dust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 500k and glad to hear the ceiling and other stuff is getting fixed. We need ours fixed coming up soon, too.

    Not looking forward to that bill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done getting the ceiling fixed and returning to the interweb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Don't they know that everything has to be protected so they can't harm something? No good contracters!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Jerry - thank you! That's a good idea about the portable air filter :)

    @ Peter - cheers! A good blast of the Ramones is certified as a cure for all known ills :)

    @ Clint - indeed it does ;)

    @ Ray - all resolved now (well, the phone and the internet - a few more days of the builders though...)

    @ Michael A - I'm certainly hoping so :)

    @ Francis - yup, good things do happen :)

    @ David C - well, the building works do mean that I can't actually do any painting right now :(
    Still, they'll be finished by the end of this week, so I should be able to restart after Salute :)

    @ Whisk - thanks! Having an old ceiling replaced is quite disruptive and messy :o
    Hope yours goes well :)

    @ Joe - well, it's only taken me about 5 months to get the works done... :)

    @ Peter - cheers! It appears that these guys didn't. They were quite apologetic though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the least they could do!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Delete