About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 1 January 2016

Challenge Day 13 - Rebs Day 2

"Shouldn't that be "Rebs Day 3"?"

Well, it should, but I ended up taking the day off from painting yesterday. I simply wasn't in the mood to paint the wood and metal on 550 tiny muskets and the wood of 22 flagstaffs.

My fourth entry has been posted by Curt. You can see it here, but here are some pics which I didn't include in that post:





The figures are 28mm from Studio Miniatures, although I got them from Hasslefree when they still supplied them.

Today I have done the Rebs' muskets and flagstaffs. It took about 4 hours (including some short breaks for coffee, smokes, etc). If I can face it, I might do the faces and hands later on. Here's how they look right now:



To help alleviate the tedium of painting the same tiny detail several hundred times, I've been watching/listening to videos on the scholagladiatoria YouTube channel. If you haven't come across the channel before, it has some quite interesting vids about weapons, armour and how they were (probably) used in days of yore.

I've also done a little bit more work on my super-high-top-secret Nostalgia theme entry. I'll do a little bit more this evening, then will put the finishing touches to it tomorrow.


Oh, and Happy New Year to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Keep pluggin' away Tamsin!!! I'm actually sitting painting myself....makes a change!

    ReplyDelete