About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 15 December 2013

Challenge Day 01

And so it begins....


Yes, the early hours of this morning saw the kick-off of this year's Analogue Painting Challenge. However, I waited until this evening to start painting my first entries. I actually finished the first set, some medieval civilians for my Swiss camp base, alongside finishing off painting my Seleucid nelliephants and their crews. They've all had a coat of Klear/ink and later tonight I will remove them from their painting sticks.

I've now started work on my Seleucid cavalry, painting the base colour for the horse flesh.



Hopefully I'll get the Swiss camp finished tomorrow. The Seleucid nellies won't get their basing done until I've finished the cavalry, so that they can be done together.

I'll finish this post by wishing all my fellow Challengers the very best of luck in achieving their targets.



10 comments:

  1. I've submitted mine already today so for a very short time I have the lead ;-)

    Good luck and I hope we both plow on to the end

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cracking start Tamsin, plenty more to com I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start and good luck to you as well.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent start Tamsin. Good luck on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made excellent progress in one day. May we hope for a repeat on the level of last years Swiss?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seleucid? Oh, that'll be a great army in FoG. Keep up the great work, Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck to you too Tamsin. Looking forward to a good tussle as we work towards our points target.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck to you as well Tamsin. may your paint flow and your brush keep it's point. A cracking start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking figures. And what I really like are those camp figures!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete