About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 8 March 2012

WIP: Tamsin's Equine Development Facility #5

I did a little bit more work on the barded horses today - painted the reins and saddle cloths. For convenience I used the same colours for both on given horses.

Here is a pic.



Just the metalwork (blinkers and bits) to do, and the ground colour on the bases, which I should be able to finish tomorrow evening. After that, it will be onto the non-barded horses, which I should complete over the weekend.

I guess that means I'll have to start prepping the riders (being careful not to stab drill bits into my fingertips while drilling lance-holes through the figures' hands)

7 comments:

  1. Great work and very colourful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup looking forward to seeing how this all finish up.

    My old mate Jim had a Late Roman army and his cataphracts were simply painted silver from head to foot (I think he did paint the tail a different colour)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking very very nice. Yes, watch those fingers. I did actully do that once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Sarmatian cavalry remembers me I have to paint my Sasanids cavalry...
    Happy Wargaming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drilling holes in their hands, feck that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rodger - so have I! *ouch*

    @Fran - well, it's either drill the holes or keep re-attaching lances with superglue. Easier to drill the holes ;)

    @fogsoldiers - good luck with the Sassanids :)

    @kingsleypark - did they have full-face helms? I guess if the barding is long enough, you could get away with not painting the legs in a horsey colour, but the muzzle and tail would need to be painted ;)

    @Ray - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup they had full face helms. He would undercoat them black so that the feet, tail and nose would be that colour and then slap on the silver to the rest of the horse and rider. Splash of brown for the lance and he was done. Mind you this was in the day before washes and inks but I suspect he wouldn't have used them anyway - he just wanted his toys on the table asasp and it worked for him

      Delete